1. Who amongst the following is the Head of the RBI at present ?
(1) Mr. K V. Kamath (2) Raghuram Rajan (3) Dr D. Subbarao
(4) Mr. O.P. Bhatt (5) None of these
2. India has different categories of Commercial banks. Which of the following is not one such category ?
(1) Private Banks (2) Commodity Banks (3) Nationalised Banks
(4) Co-operative Banks (5) Foreign Banks
3. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently imposed a restriction on money flow in equity through ‘P-Notes’. What is the full form of ‘P-Notes’ ?
(1) Permanent Notes (2) Purchase Notes (3) Participatory Notes
(4) Private Notes (5) None of these
4. Who amongst the following was the Captain of the Indian cricket team which won the Twenty20 World Cup2007 ?
(1) Yuvraj Singh (2) M.S. Dhoni (3) Rahul Dravid
(4) Sourav Ganguly (5) None of these
5. The money which Government of India spends on the development of infrastructure in country comes from which of the following sources? [pick. up the correct statement(s)]
(A) Loan from World Bank/ ADB, etc. (B) Taxes collected from the people.
(C) Loan from the RBI. (1) Only A (2) Only B (3) Only C
(4) Both A & B (5) All A, B & C
6. Which of the following organisations / agencies has established a fund known as “Investor Protection Fund” ?
(1) SEBI (2) NABARD (3) Bombay Stock Exchange
(4) Ministry of Health (5) None of these
7. Which of the following departments of the Government of India is helping banks in disbursement of rural credit by the banks ?
(1) Railways (2) State Road Transports (3) Posts & Telegraph
(4) Ministry of Health (5) None of these
8. Which of the following types of banks are allowed to operate foreign currency accounts ?
(A) Foreign Banks (B) Regional Rural Banks (C) Nationalised Banks
(1) Only A (2) Only B (3) Only C
(4) All A, B & C (5) None of these
9. Majority of rural people still prefer to go to which of the following for their credit needs ?
(1) Money lenders (2) Foreign banks (3) NABARD
(4) RBI (5) All of these
10. Which of the following countries does not play international cricket ?
(1) Russia (2) England (3) South Africa
(4) Pakistan (5) India
11. Which of the following countries in the world is the biggest consumer of gold ?
(1) USA (2) Bangladesh (3) Russia
(4) India (5) None of these
12. Many times we read in financial newspapers about ‘FII’. What is the full form of FII ? ‘
(1) Final Investment in India (2) Foreign Investment in India (3) Formal Investment in India
(4) Fair Institutional Investment (5) Foreign Institutional Investment
13. The financial markets of which of the following countries were badly affected by sub prime crisis ?
(1) Russia (2) Brazil (3) UK
(4) USA (5) None of these
14. One of the former Prime Ministers of which of the following countries was detained in house arrest for a short period after his/her return from a long exile ?
(1) Germany (2) France (3) Pakistan
(4) Brazil (5) None of these
15. Which of the following countries is facing problem of strike by the workers of the transport, electricity and gas companies as the present Government of the country has decided to end the pension to these workers ?
(1) USA (2) France (3) China
(4) Nepal (5) None of these
16. Benazir Bhutto is associated with which of the following political parties ?
(1) Muslim League (2) Pakistan People’s Party (3) Pakistan National Congress
(4) Islamic Movement of Pakistan (5) None of these
17. Who amongst the following is the Secretary-General of UNO ?
(1) Al Gore (2) Shashi Tharoor (3) Gordon Brown
(4) Hugo Chavez (5) None of these
18. Manmohan Singh called George Bush to explain the difficulties he is having in implementing agreements related with which of the following with USA ?
(l) Supply of Sugar (2) Civilian Nuclear Cooperation (3) Purchase o£ Fighter Planes
(4) Purchase of Gas/Petroleum (5) None of these
19. Which of the following countries recently decided to launch a military action in Northern Iraq where many Kurdish PKK fighters are based and they are killing people from that country ?
(1) India (2) Afghanistan (3) Pakistan
(4) Bangladesh (5) Turkey
20. The “Orange Coalition Government” was formed once again in which of the following countries ?
(1) Russia (2) Ukraine (3) France
(4) Germany (5) None of these
21. As reported in papers the UN World Food Programmes stopped distributing food in Mogadishu town after its local head was abducted by the government soldiers of the country. Mogadishu is the capital town of
(1) Tanzania (2) Turkey (3) Cuba
(4) Libya (5) Somalia
22. Who amongst the following leaders from USA visited Israel and Palestinian West Bank so that a solution to the Israel and Palestinian problem can be worked out ?
(1) George Bush (2) Al Gore (3) Bill Clinton
(4) Condoleezza Rice (5) None of these
23. Which of the following countries is not elected by the UN General Assembly on the non-permanent seats of the UN Security Council w.e.f. January 2008 ?
(1) Libya (2) Vietnam (3) Croatia
(4) Costa Rica (5) Pakistan
24. Which of the following countries is not happy with the USA’s decision to award a Congressional Medal to Dalai Lama of Tibet ?
(1) India (2) Pakistan (3) Nepal
(4) Myanmar (5) China
25. Justine Henin won the Women’s Singles US Open Tennis Championship 2007 after defeating
(1) Svetlana Kuznetsova (2) Sania Mirza (3) Dinara Safina
(4) Mathalie Dechy (5) None of these
26. India won the ONGC Nehru Cup Football Tournament 2007 by beating
(1) Syria (2) Pakistan (3) Britain
(4) France (5) None of these
27. Who amongst the following is selected for Basava Award (2006-07) by the Karnataka Government ?
(1) Manmohan Singh (2) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (3) Sonia Gandhi
(4) Pratibha Patil (5) None of these
28. Shinzo Abe who was on a visit to India in recent past is the
(1) Prime Minister of South Korea (2) Prime Minister of North Korea (3) Prime Minister of Japan
(4) President of South Korea (5) None of these
29. Abdullah Gul’s name was in news recently as he has taken over as the President of
(1) Turkey (2) Sudan (3) Afghanistan
(4) Pakistan (5) None of these
30. Hem Dutta who was honoured with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhawana Award 2007 is a famous
(1) author (2) social activist (3) player
(4) film producer (5) scientist
31. Asafa Powell who created a new world record in 100 metres race is a citizen of
(1) Jamaica (2) South Africa (3) India
(4) USA (5) South Korea
32. The World Athletics Championship 2007 was organised in
(1) Beijing (2) New Delhi (3) Osaka
(4) Dhaka (5) London
33. Who amongst the following got third position in long jump event of the Bayer International Athletics Meet held in Germany in 2007 ?
(1) Shiny Wilson (2) Anju Bobby George (3) Neha Sanwal
(4) Prajakta Sawant (5) None of these
34. As per the recent agreement between India and one other country the Indian Rupee can be easily swapped with
(1) Taka (2) Riel (3) Kyat
(4) Yen (5) Rubble
35. The Government of India put a ban on export of which of the following commodities at the price below the price of the same in domestic market ?
(1) Steel (2) Chemical Fertiliser (3) Pharma products’
(4) Electronic goods (5) None of these
36. India’s Foreign Exchange Reserves declined sharply in recent past. What was the main reason for the same ?
(1) Heavy demand of the same by foreign tourists (2) Import of wheat from Pakistan & South Korea
(3) Appreciation of Rupee Value (4) Instability in coalition government in Centre
(5) None of these
37. Which of the following is a public sector unit ?
(1) TCS (2) ICICI Bank (3) TESCO
(4) BHEL (5) All of these
38. Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Meet was organised in September 2007 in
(1) New Delhi (2) Beijing (3) Tokyo
(4) London (5) Sydney
39. Who amongst the following was the Captain of the Indian hockey team who won Asia Cup 2007 held in Chennai ?
(1) Baichung Bhutia (2) Dilip Tirkey (3) Pankaj Advani
(4) Manavjit Singh Sandhu (5) None of these
40. India launched which of the following satellites in September 2007 ?
(1) EDUSAT (2) METSAT (3) CROSAT-IIB
(4) INSAT-4CR (5) None of these